Saturday, May 16, 2020

Teenagedom

Ah yes, the summers between years 10 and 13. Freedom. My friends and I did several trips, including:

Littlehampton. Noteable because I accidentally misread a departure screen and got us on the wrong train home. Not the end of the world as we changed to prevent having to backtrack but I did get laughed at.

Brighton. We did this a few times. We've been to the Sea Life Centre, the Pier, the Mini Golf and the Shopping Centre. I'm sure we've been to other places but it's been a while.

Worthing. Or rather, West Worthing. I used to be a member of my local Youth Council and we went to a county-wide conference for members of youth Councils and similar groups. I vaguely remember having to negotiate with gateline staff at Gatwick airport station, as we had to change there and, coming home we had a 25 minute wait for our train when we needed the toilet. They did let us out into the airport to use the loo, thankfully.

Stations visited: Aldrington, Angmering, Balcombe, Barnham, Brighton, Burgess Hill, East Worthing, Hassocks, Haywards Heath, Hove, Ifield, Lancing, Littlehampton, Littlehaven, Portslade, Preston Park, Shoreham-by-Sea, Southwick, West Worthing, Wivelsfield and Worthing.


And then the odd ones out

These are the stations that I remember visiting, but either I've done so so many times that it was too hard to pick a category or I can't remember where else I've visited on that trip to give it a category. So here goes:

Blackfriars, City Thameslink and London Bridge. I regularly use thameslink, be it travelling to and from uni over the last 3 years or going for days out with family in the holidays.

Charing Cross and Waterloo East. We changed at London Bridge to do these two, on our way to the London transport Museum last summer.

Gatwick Airport. I've stopped at this station too many times to count.

Victoria - we always used to go into Victoria when we went to London as a family. Then southern started having strikes and now we tend to want stations more easily accessible from Thameslink. I passed through the station in February though when I made a couple of trips from Nottingham to London via Coach. Admittedly, on these trips the only thing I did at Victoria train station was purchase food.

York -  We've been on holiday to York, and I went to an All the Stations book signing at the NRM in 2018.

Stations visited: Blackfriars, Charing Cross, City Thameslink, Gatwick Airport, London Bridge, Victoria, Waterloo East and York.

Station Count: 50!

Anyway, that's all for today, otherwise I'll be running out of things to say before too long.

Stay Safe

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment