Saturday, June 13, 2020

So What next?

Well... this wasn't how I expected this blog post to turn out....

My "What next" was meant to be what I have planned for later this year, and I will cover a bit of that, later in this post, but life has taken a rather unexpected turn, and no, I don't mean the pandemic.

Well, in a way, I do. I was meant to be going on a few trips around Easter which got cancelled. That only included a couple of new stations given where I was going, but it was activities I was looking forward to a lot.

I'd got a theatre trip in London, followed by a trip to Sheffield and back to Nottingham, followed a few weeks later by a trip from Nottingham to Liverpool (with Manchester to Liverpool giving me some new stations), followed by Liverpool home to Sussex (one new station - Runcorn - if I remember correctly) and then back to Nottingham.  And a trip from Nottingham to London in May, with a return on a late night coach (I'd have missed the last train). 

And then coronavirus hit. And I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.  

I applied for a few jobs, and nothing really went anywhere.

And then, a few days ago, I got an interview, for a job which requires a train journey to get to. The interview is not over video call, so I have to go on a train for my interview. 






Anyway, what else have I got planned? Of course, all of this is pandemic dependent, particularly in terms of whether the theatres reopen.

Well, in October, I've got a trip to Nottingham, because a theatre trip I had booked for a touring production has been rescheduled from March. But I'm going via Reading (to do Crossrail's eastern edge), and central London for theatre shows on the Friday and Saturday. Then, on Sunday, I'm going to do London to Nottingham via Birmingham (to do some of the stations on the Chiltern main line) ready for the show on Monday night, before returning home. I may even have time to do some sort of tube challenge (possibly zone 1 or all 16 lines, I only have a few hours) while I'm in London. 

And then, in November, I'll be making that trip to Liverpool, for a gig I've got tickets to (a gig at a theatre, rather than an arena or anything), before doing some of the London Overground as I'm visiting London with friends to go to some shows, but we are staying in Hackney rather than the city centre because it's cheaper. I'll therefore be using the Overground to get to and from Hackney during the trip.

And then December, I'll be going to London to use theatre tickets that were postponed from May (a singalong performance of a show, hence why it's so far in the future as they essentially transferred the tickets across). Thankfully, I could get a reasonably (ie approx £100) priced hotel room, so have chosen to stay. The late-night coach back to Nottingham (arriving at 4am) was in place of a £250 TRAVELODGE room. That's really quite excessive. 


And then, in February, an event in Sheffield I'd been going to in April has been rescheduled, so I'll be going to that.


Anyway, I think I'm going to leave this here for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment