Saturday, February 27, 2021

London terminals: ✅

The last week before I started work was rather busy, with a lot of things I needed to get done. And so I only had 1 day to properly go out for some railway fun. I gave quite a lot of thought to what I was going to do and eventually settled on visiting the last two London terminal stations I needed to tick off as well as visiting the Emirates air line cable car. There were a few stages to this trip, starting with a Thameslink service into London Bridge station, where I changed to board what would be my first ever train into Cannon Street. 
I then boarded the tube round to Aldgate where I swapped to the metropolitan line to head up to Wembley Park. From here, I made a walking connection, including a quick stop to pick up lunch, across to Wembley Stadium national rail station, which felt rather desolate, however I am sure it doesn't on major event days. Soon enough, I was boarding a train to Marylebone, the last of the London Terminal stations that I needed to visit. A walking connection was made to Baker Street for the Jubilee line, with my next destination being North Greenwich.


I took a few minutes on arrival at North Greenwich to familiarise myself with the area and get my bearings for two reasons. The first was that I'd just booked tickets for a concert in November 2021 at the O2 arena (and have since booked a few additional concerts) and thought a general sense of where I was would be useful. The second was to do with something really cool I was booked in to do that weekend, although I'm not going to give away anything about that yet. Details will be in the post in 2 weeks time.

I then headed over to the cable car, which I was a bit nervous about if I'm honest, for the simple reason that I hate heights, but I actually enjoyed it. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to do it from north to south and see the O2 coming towards me.



That's all for this week, but next Saturday will be a Girl on a Hike update, with the following post being about something really cool and normal railway related service being resumed the week after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment